The Baths Hill, Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
4 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms
Maximum Occupancy: 8
Rates per Night
Jan 4, 2014 - Apr 30, 2014
7 Night Minimum
May 1, 2014 - Nov 21, 2014
Nov 22, 2014 - Nov 28, 2014
7 Night Minimum
Nov 29, 2014 - Dec 14, 2014
Dec 15, 2014 - Jan 6, 2015
10 Night Minimum
- Security Deposit: $1000
- 17% tax/service
- Rates in U.S. dollars.
- Rates based on double occupancy per bedroom.
- Weekly rate is equal to seven times the nightly rate unless noted above.
- Rates subject to change without notice.
- Holiday rates and date periods may vary. Holidays may include Christmas, New Year's, Thanksgiving, Easter, President's Day, etc.
- Additional fees may apply. Call for details.
- Complimentary Welcome Basket on arrival.
- ALL adult guests at Mon Repos are required to sign and have witnessed a liability waiver upon check-in at the villa, stating that they will exercise caution around or in the swimming pool (which has no railing, barriers, or safety precautions preventing any person from falling into the pool or over its edge, or off the surrounding boulders), the verandahs, balconies, decks, walkways and staircases, the tortoise pen, the driveway and main road, gardens and grounds. A copy of this Liability Waiver will be sent to you for your review upon your reservation at Mon Repos. You must sign this liability waiver immediately upon check-in at Mon Repos, or before you travel; it is a condition of you and your guests staying at this villa. Meanwhile, please feel free to send us any questions you may have now about this liability waiver, well before you travel.
- Mon Repos' personable housekeeper Mavis is also available to shop for groceries and cook wonderful West Indian meals for her guests, with advance notice; her versatile and tasty menus will depend on what is currently available on Virgin Gorda. Please inquire for Mavis's rates and availability for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
The ideal family villa, located within a short walking distance to Top of the Baths! Mon Repos is situated on more than one acre of fully-fenced flat lawn studded with Virgin Gorda's famous smooth boulders. This imposing four-bedroom house is set back from the main road, creating a very conveniently-located vacation accommodation while preserving your peace and quiet.
A native stone staircase leads up to Mon Repos' pool deck and entrance from the spacious parking area. The octagonal Great Room, which shares generous space with the open-plan kitchen and dining area, is colorfully furnished with sink-into twin sofas in a tropical coral hue. The living area is flanked by a striking inlaid antique Indian screen. You may dine inside, or choose either a table outside on a covered verandah facing east and seaward, or the large alfresco dining area under a covered area of the pool deck at front of the villa.
Off one end of the Great Room are the air-conditioned media room and the air-conditioned king master suite. The media room is furnished with comfortable lounging sofas and an assortment of games, puzzles, books and DVD movies. Situated just beyond the media room is the spacious and unique master suite. Mon Repos was built around the island's typical giant granite boulders; in the master suite, one wall interestingly has the smooth side of a boulder embedded, and another smaller boulder forms a table for the TV at the foot of the bed. The large master suite is furnished with a caned antique mahogany West Indian settee, a mahogany desk with a 4-in-one printer/fax, and its own private roofed verandah and a stone patio on which to enjoy morning coffee or watch technicolor sunsets at day's end. A novel soaking tub with a shower fashioned from native stone, glass block and tile graces the master suite, flanked by a tiled vanity with a colorful Mexican ceramic sink. The toilet is in its own separate enclosure with a door.
On the opposite side of the Great Room are two more air-conditioned queen bedrooms which share a tiled bath with a shower. Both bedrooms in this wing open out to a connecting covered verandah set with chairs for relaxing in the sea breezes.
Right outside of the Great Room is a spacious slate-tiled pool deck set with chaise lounges, chairs and side tables, overlooking the fenced flat lawn - a perfect spot from which to watch the children play below.
Down the stairs is Mon Repos' air-conditioned apartment suite which comprises the villa's fourth bedroom. Very private, perfect for a couple who wants seclusion or for older teenagers, this suite has a second kitchen with a dining table, a living area with sofa and Dish Network TV, a tiled bath with shower, and a unique bedroom in which the queen bed is set on a slightly-raised smooth boulder surrounded by tiled flooring!
A handsome residence with its large landscaped lawn and tiled roofs, Mon Repos offers plenty of room to relax. Other features are cool tile floors, ceilings of beamed cedar, artistic lighting, draperies and window blinds in all bedrooms, and a collection of colorful original art. This is a wonderful villa for children, with three bedrooms all under one roof, the completely-fenced in flat yard with swings, and live tortoises in a pen below the villa to visit. It's just a quick walk or drive to Top of The Baths with its restaurant, pool, bar and shops, and to the trailhead that leads down to The Baths' beautiful white sands, huge smooth boulder formations and grottos to explore, swimming, snorkeling, and fun and adventure for the whole family! Complete List of Amenities
ON MAIN LEVEL
: 4 flat-screen satellite TVs with Dish Network (a 42-inch flat-screen TV in media room with DVD-CD player, 32-inch flat-screen TV with DVD player in master suite, + 32-inch flat-screen TVs in other 2 bedrooms, iPod dock with speakers, poolside speakers; DVD movie collection, books, games; A/C in all bedrooms and in media room; wet bar sink in the kitchen; Wi-Fi throughout the Main Level for your laptop, 4-in-1 printer/copier/scanner/fax with a dedicated fax line, free long-distance calling to and from USA, USVI, Canada and UK, answering machine; hair dryers in each bathroom; lock boxes for valuables + alarm clock radios in all 3 bedrooms; 2 STOK Charcoal Tower Grills; dishwasher; fully-fenced yard with manual entry gate + swings for children. IN APARTMENT SUITE
: 32-inch flat-screen satellite TV with Dish Network with DVD-CD player; full air-conditioning; alarm clock radio; kitchen with coffeemaker, stove, refrigerator, microwave, drinking glasses and coffee mugs; hair dryer; lock box for valuables. Complimentary Welcome Basket on arrival. Mon Repos' housekeeper Mavis will wash and dry your personal laundry once per week at no charge - please arrange this with Mavis after your arrival. Below Mon Repos is a pen with live island tortoises, which Mavis will feed and tend to - a fascinating and educational extra for the kids!
Mon Repos' personable housekeeper Mavis is also available to shop for groceries and cook wonderful West Indian meals for her guests, with advance notice; her versatile and tasty menus will depend on what is currently available on Virgin Gorda. Please inquire for Mavis's rates and availability for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner.
To request availability for
Mon Repos, please click here.
We respond promptly - also on weekends and evenings.